April 03, 2009

Mournful.

I haven't made up my mind about whether or not I should start homework tonight or not. Perhaps I should.

That is probably the least on my mind, actually. Here I am thinking my mom had already bought that one Nikon camera, and next I know she's talking on the phone with her brother-in-law, a professional photographer, about the right one to buy. Which, unarguably, is a smart thing to do before investing $300 plus in something that we may never have been able to adequately use. Apparently he, along with my aunt, are making a visit down here in a couple of days, coincidentally as I'm on spring break. Oh man, I was dying to try one out, but no, the wait continutes.

Today was nice enough, I guess. Most recently watched five episodes of Cheers consecutively. Before that at school I amused myself by trying to write with my left hand -- my dominant is my right -- and everyone said I was "no good," and should, "keep practicing." We had smoothies [in aerobics,] a few movies, busy work and that's about that. The teachers were definitely ready for spring break, too. I don't blame them. Having to put up with us another week? Unbearable.

There's been some tragic news as well. A person I knew, granted not very well, at my middle school has passed away in a car accident. She wasn't wearing her seatbelt. Her best friend who I do know better didn't come to school yesterday. Though she went to a different highschool, I still understand the pain and I'm sincerly hoping that everyone can take away a lesson from this, proof that stuff like this can happen, and remember how great a person she was. R.I.P. Maria Smith. We all love and miss you.

3 comments:

  1. I have tons of homework to do as well. I'm trying to get them done before my vacation starts.

    So, how have you been? I haven't posted in a while, and I miss my blogging friends. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be messed up and funny at the same time.

    But I highly doubt it.

    Basil+me=frightening. Doesn't work out, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mentioning Nikon has brought me out in another burst of camera love. *Sigh* Such a beautiful lense.
    Spring holidays are great, but too short. I broke up last Friday, so only just over a week remaining!

    ReplyDelete