April 09, 2010

Kyushu: Key-oo-shoo.

I need to keep practicing the pronunciations of certain Japanese words. Why?

Weelllll, during history class today we had a representative from each project group randomly pick a piece of paper out of a hat. The date on the piece of paper determines the day we must present our projects. Unlucky for us, we got Monday. Of course no one wanted to trade. (Confused? I explain it more here.)

I personally was not there for this and had to be told it five minutes until the end of class, after I returned from the book club gathering. Yeah, I've got a lot of work to do this weekend. Ahuh, because I'm the glue and leader of our group evidently. I mean, when I walked in today they were literally sitting there and not discussing anything. I tried to disguise my unhappiness when the two main slackers of the group declared they couldn't meet Sunday because of "something for Church." I can't wait to see if we can do a peer evaluation. I'd be remorseful for saying they should receive a bad grade (they are my friends) but I was utterly shocked at how lazy they've been! I gave them all this past week to send me research that I'd turn into bullet points on a power point slide that I've STILL yet to receive...and now they can't meet to practice the presentation!?

Yes, let's see if I can keep my head from imploding. I apologize for my ranting and raving, dear friends. Come Tuesday, I will be able to breathe again.

In other news, my bottle-cap tree won 3rd place in an Arbor Day contest! I'll have a picture up here of the finished version, painted background and all, whenever I get it back. I'll also have the prize money, $20, to put in my pocket soon.

I'm going to tell more about the big book club gathering either tomorrow or Sunday. Meanwhile, here's the generalization that anyone could muster: It was fun. :D

Have a good weekend, all.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you're going through! I always seem to get paired up with the laziest people. I give them plenty of time to do their part of the project so that they can't say that I didn't "let" them do anything (like they would anyway) if I complain, but they either 1) don't do it, 2) don't do it til the last minute, or 3) do such a crappy job that I just have to redo it myself anyway. *PHEWF*

    Luckily that hasn't happened in a while.

    That's awesome about your tree winning though! :D Yay for twenty bucks!

    ReplyDelete