June 21, 2010

I can't think of a good title.

The first two reviews are up on mix tape! Check it out and please leave a comment; we'd love to hear your feedback! I also apologize to any followers who saw about three different version of the movie post. I was having some serious technical difficulties. Apparently the idea of a post being "scheduled" at a certain time baffles me.

Unfortunately, I haven't been very inspired to do anything creative and artsy lately. I'm not sure what to attribute this to besides just general laziness. I want to finish my Catcher in the Rye influenced piece by the end of the month, though. I've been told that writing our your goals often leads to you reaching them. It may be fruitless, but I'm willing to give it a try. What's left for me to do? Excellent question, self. Well, I need to sculpt a red hunting cap out of model magic clay, draw a duck -- or ducks, I haven't decided -- flying away from a frozen lake, and finish adhering fake grass to the paper to create a "rye." (Google it.) You won't see the finished product until at least 8/9/10 since a few parts remain at school in my art cubby. I love saying that word. Cubby.

Meanwhile, I'm interested in trying to make a Alice in Wonderland pop-up book that will look absolutely nothing like Robert Sabuda's masterpiece.

I can't wait to see Nikki in local Summer Fine Arts production of West Side Story this weekend. I may also go watch my other friends in another local Summer Fine Arts production of Singin' in the Rain. This is the last year the terrific program will be funded and it's a shame. I obviously don't personally participate but there are plenty of others that look forward to it, and enjoy it immensely.

6 comments:

  1. Cubby is indeed a cool word! And good luck with your art project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see that! Catcher in the Rye is my fave read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Catcher in the Rye inspired projects sound so awesome! I can't wait to see the finished product, even if it may not be for a while. I'll still be here, haha ;D

    I have to say, I quite like the word cubby as well. And I like the word package a lot. They're just nice words to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pop up book! :) I'd love to see that :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. tell me how westside story is! Btw, you took down my band's advertisement T_T

    ReplyDelete