May 09, 2011

I want to learn Russian.

This past Saturday was hectic.

I made an appearance at the Florida Solar Energy Center to cheer on the Science Bowl's hydrogen and solar cars. I bailed at 10:30 to go to the library to study math with Puja. We completed yet another practice paper (can you say extra credit?) and tried to boost our confidence about the exam we had today. I checked out two books -- Be More Chill and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close -- and am almost done with the former. I swear, there's something about exam time that makes me an avid reader. I distinctly remember this time last year I read a lot. But I'm not complaining.

Okay, back on track. From the library, Puja and I went to the tennis awards/end of year party at the school. We arrived just in time to receive our letters, pins and I was specially awarded the School Pride Coaches Award. The trophy is pretty awesome looking. You'll just have to take my word for it, though. Taking a picture and uploading it would be too much work.

I went home and rested for an hour or so and then went to baby$it.

Sunday I inevitably rested and mentally prepared for exams. I had both my AICE English Language Composition and my AICE Math Paper 1 today. The English was fine; I know I passed, but I only did okay with math. Thank goodness there's another component that should help me balance it out. I'm not a expecting an A* (the best paper in the world), but a C would be splendid. (Obviously the grading scale/rubric is not the traditional American one where C is average.)

I have a AICE Biology lab practical exam tomorrow. Is it weird to say I'm excited for it? I guess I'm just ready to beast* it.

Have an awesome week, everyone!

*I overuse this a verb way too much.

6 comments:

  1. Aww I'm sure you'll do fine! And cool about the books! I have read the former of the two (your vocab is rubbing off on me)! But tell me how the other is because I have yet to pick it up (though) I should have.

    Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm sure you can beast it! Maybe it'll be fun in some weird, academic way. MAYBE?

    Yay for reading! I'm reading more too, except I don't have exams for another month so it's just random, haha. Yay for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized that I wrote 'Yay for reading!' twice. I'M COMPLETELY OUT OF IT. IT'S EARLY IN THE MORNING FORGIVE ME.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading is always a good thing :)

    Russian is difficult kudos for wanting to learn!
    I'm Russain (well, I'm American, but you know what I mean.), and grew up around a lot of Russian speaking friends and I never picked any of it up. Don't know why, especially since I learned Greek as a kid, but it just never stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be More Chill was ok. Have you read It's Kind of a Funny Story by him?

    Oh, and hey :D
    I'm back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What the crap, how have I not read this yet?

    Be More Chill is that one with that guy and the pill that he takes to be cool or something right? I've read that! And Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close is amazing.

    Congrats on the trophy! And you are incredibly intelligent so there's no reason to think you didn't totally beast your way through all of your exams. :D

    ReplyDelete