April 21, 2012

I like to think of pocket knives as being both dangerous and irrelevant to this blog post.

So I just looked again at Macalester's list of First-Year Courses a moment ago.  What a bad idea.  Now I am daydreaming about these classes when I should be focused on finishing assignments and revising for exams.  Can it be summer already?

As usual, however, I spent the majority of my day already browsing the Internet.  I often go back and forth between YouTube and Wikipedia.  It's a vicious cycle.

I am going to implement a six-step plan to get more productive today.

Step 1) Change out of my pajamas.
Step 2) Build another floor in Tiny Tower.
Step 3) Eat lunch.
Step 4) Finish a book I've been reading for a while.
Step 5) Complete my job application.
Step 6) Do all the homework I'm putting off.

But first, I want to share some wonderful things I found.

Namely, an inspiring interview on Ellen with Ellen DeGeneres's wife, Portia de Rossi.  She was promoting her book, Unbearable Lightness, which I would love to read sometime soon.

An awesome speech about a high school senior "coming out" that I think that everyone should hear.
I was moved to tears.

I think maybe someone else in the Blogger Family has shared this documentary, yet it not, you should check out Happy.

P.S. Wow, it's already BEDA Day 21!

Days until I graduate: 29
Days until exams are over: 57
Days until I start college: 134

2 comments:

  1. That's how I feel when I look at my college's courses!

    I don't think I'll be able to focus during the last 6 weeks of school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video of Portia de Rossi and Ellen was adorable. I love them so.

    Let's see, I officially didn't do anything on your list of having a productive day today, haha! Though I did work on homework all day, I just didn't finish at all, so I guess that kind of counts. But anyway.

    ReplyDelete