January 23, 2014

Putting the cart before the horse.

I've had trouble falling asleep lately.  My anxious thoughts are keeping me up.  But then when I do eventually fall asleep, my dreams often involve stress, panic and situations out of my control.  For instance, my dream last night involved one of my classmates getting abducted and later on me figuring out I had completely forgotten my luggage at the airport.  So, read into that what you will.

Since both my brothers are back in their respective other-homes, I am reminded of junior and senior year.  Except one big difference: I've been sitting at home devoid of homework and greater responsibilities almost all of January.  As much as I've enjoyed the time off, I've felt less and less motivated to fill out my study abroad applications, order books, prepare for classes, etc. and yet here I am, increasingly more and more worried about it. I have to remind myself that nothing happens overnight and being upset over what hasn't happened only means a waste of time.

Today I'm getting my passport-- which is essential to going abroad at all -- and maybe that will relieve some stress.  I might also tackle organizing my suitcases so everything fits.  Right now various items are peeking out and practically screaming for me to help them…

On another note, various friends have asked if I'm ready/excited to go back, and the answer is yes.  Oh my goodness, yes.

P.S. Here's a song I've been listening to a lot in the past few weeks.  I swear the song's title couldn't be more apt.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah.... I feel like motivation definitely hits an all time low during breaks. It look me like a week just to write one application essay... so unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete